
Here's another one of my favorite Halloween pieces. It's small ( 4x6 ) and quickly worked up.I used the green area at the top to add the name (Spooky) but it could just as easily be used for a favorite saying especially when you add the green area at the bottom. For example: Happy Haunting. On this one I used the DMC Light Effects Glow in the Dark thread #E940 for the moon. I filled it in using the Milanese stitch. This thread really does light up after you turn off the lights. Kids love it! I keep notes as I stitch and then use my notes to make up a stitch guide.I'm not sure how many shop owners like to have the stitch guides- the ones here in my area don't seem to want them. It takes up a good bit of time so I'm not sure if I will continue doing the extra work or not.
3 comments:
WOW you are getting good a this. I would save those notes - I have some I made 6 or 8 years ago that I am pulling out and using now. always a good idea! The top could have a child's name - yes. My grandchildren would love individual pillows with different Halloween stuff for pillows. Or signs on their doors. whatever - as long as it is personalized for them.
I went ahead and made up the stitch guide for #168 Spooky. If you go to all that trouble to make notes it seems that you might as well work it up.
I'm a friend of Judy's, and I asked her for your blog link...
I'm not a needlepointer, but I sure do love this design!
Post a Comment