Friday, April 4, 2008

Patron Saint of Needleworkers


I didn't even know there was one until Judy Harper, http://www.elegantwhimsies.com/ ,
told me about her. It seems we have our own "gardian angel" to watch over us, help us make the right thread/stitch choices and to give us some much needed patience. Meet Saint Claire: Patron Saint of Needleworkers. I'm hoping she will help designers as they rack their brains to come up with new designs, travel to and from trade shows, deal with shop owners and send off stitched models to be finished. I know I can use all the help I can get. This lovely, serene lady is holding a small, golden monstrace, which is all part of her story. She is only 2.5 x 5.5 inches in size and painted on 18 count canvas. I plan to stitch mine up as a small stand up so that I can place her on the shelf above my work table. From there she can survey my studio, keeping me and all my project under her protection.
PS: Be sure to visit Judy's new website. Great job Judy, all those hours of hair pulling have really paid off!

1 comment:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Wonderful - I went through my old files last night to find my version of St. Clare - I need to resurrect her for sure lately to sit on my work table. I need help! She ran away from home to avoid marrying a man her father picked out for her - took refuge with St. Francis, who helped her establish her own order to embroider altar cloths. I love her.