Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Did It !!!


I finished stitching on my Bluebird of Happiness canvas last night. I took a deep breath this morning and trimmed the edges, worked the piece into place and applied the fabric glue.

Just like that I had a finished wallet. How fantastic is that? Fortunately for me the sticky layer is rather forgiving and let me align the piece more than once. For those of us who like instant gratification and hate waiting weeks for a finisher to return a piece these Lee's Leather projects are perfect.

4 comments:

NCPat said...

Very nice! Is this for you???

no one here said...

I'm rather down on the list sorry to say, but I love the idea and will make one for myself soon. I was planning on giving this one to my mom but I'm afraid she'll be scared to use it. Perhaps my sister will luck out again. The nice thing is that I used scrap canvas, left over threads and no expense of a finisher so there isn't much expense involved, just a little time. They make great gifts.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This is really really nice - it's good to see you working again!! I love the way you expanded and re-shaped the design to fit the wallet

g said...

Squiggee has sent you a " I Love Your Blog" award...
check out my blog for the scoop...

xoxoxoxo
g