I wanted to share something silly that I'm trying out this year. It's the new Topsy-Turvy Planter. I have a cherry tomato plant growing in mine but the instructions said you could try several types of vegetables. You stick the bedding plant inside the planter from the bottom, then fill the green container with potting soil. A white foam collar keeps the plant in place and the dirt from washing out. There is a lid on the top with a funnel type opening in the center to help with watering. The supposed advantage is that it hangs down to about face level which should make pruning and harvesting easier. We shall see. It's a little hard to see my tomato plant because the picture was taken in front of my green bean vines....green in front of green. Maybe if you enlarge the picture.The second picture is of my cat, Elvis. I potted up some cat nip for him and he seems to thoughly enjoy it.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love the catnip and Elvis. I used to grow catnip for our "Jimbo" (Jim Morrison). He brought his friends home for parties.
My Sheltie, Holly, likes to join the cat in rubbing up against the plant. I think she's a bit confused, but she must think that if her best buddy Elvis does it then it's has to be good.
I've been wondering about these, I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.
Keep Stitching,
Janet
http://www.napaneedlepoint.com
http://www.nuts-about-needlepoint.com
Squiggee says Elvis rocks...what else with all that catnip...lol
xoxoxo
g
Tish, I have two of the ceramic "Down Under" pots and have used them for the last few years for my cherry tomatoes! They work great! And, what kitty does not love catnip??
Post a Comment