Friday, May 2, 2008

St. claire: Patron Saint of Needleworkers Update


I haven't done nearly as much as I promised, blame the lovely spring weather. But I will share what I have completed so far. I finished her monstrance by adding the "light" in the center. The area is square in shape so I choose to work it in a Woven Cross stitch. I used one strand of Tiara, #T117. The Tiara is a soft twisted metallic thread and gives a nice shine to the stitch. If you've never worked this stitch before a good example is shown in one of my favorite books,The Needlepoint Book, by Jo Ippolito Christensen. (page 285) It looks more complicated than it really is so give it a try. The rest of my work has been on her gown. I'm using two shades of Splendor, #S826 (lighter) and #S827 (darker). Since I have some shading in her gown I work with two needles at the same time, one with each thread. The gown is stitched in your basic Mosaic stitch.

No comments: